Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Introduction

The purpose of this blog is the share, recount, whine, rejoice, document, and brag about the events and stories that occur in my work with animal rescue. I got started in this venture almost 6 years ago when I adopted my very first dog. Her name is Zoe and she is a border collie mix. She is the most amazing dog I have ever known. She's almost human in her intelligence!! She now lives with my ex in NYC. But she remains the dog of my heart. Here she is posing in my rocking chair at the library where I work.

Zoe was adopted through The Woodlands Dog Park Club. I met some wonderful people from TWDPC, including Janice, the lady who suckered me into fostering my first border collie. I remember the night well. Janice and I were both in attendance at a farewell dinner for a friend. We started talking border collies and Janice whipped out her phone and showed me a picture of a bc at the shelter. She then turned her wide eyes to me and asked if I would like to foster him. I had no idea what in the world I was getting into, but long story short, I met Janice at the vet's office the next day and went home with my first foster dog, Ziggy.

And there you have it. Before Zoe, I lived my life as a card carrying member of the cats only fan club. And to be sure, I love my 4 kitties! But with a wag of her tail and lick of her tongue, Zoe opened my eyes to the world of the border collie and I haven't looked back.
As you read this blog, I hope you will come to know some terrific dogs and at least have an appreciation for the joys and heartaches of an animal foster parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment